“How much does Invisalign cost?” is often the first question we’re asked by patients who have been told they need orthodontic treatment. It’s a hard question to answer because the exact price depends on a wide range of variables including:
• How complex your case is
• How long your treatment will take
• Who your treatment provider is
All we can say for certain is that they’re a similar price to braces but apart from that, Invisalign is totally different from braces as you may know them.
Invisalign Cost – more affordable than you might think
Sometimes the cost of Invisalign can be a determining factor as to whether a patient decides to go ahead with Invisalign or not, after all, there are cheaper options. Perhaps you’re wondering does insurance cover Invisalign? While it all depends on the level of your insurance cover, certain policies do cover parts of Invisalign treatment, so it’s always worth checking before reaching your decision. You should also know that most Invisalign providers offer a variety of payment plans to help spread the costs.
Considering the many benefits of Invisalign, most patients consider the treatment to be worth the investment. Before discussing the benefits, however, let’s take a quick look at how the Invisalign system works.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is a clear solution for straightening your teeth using a series of clear plastic aligners. These fit over the teeth, similar to a mouthguard, and are changed every one to two weeks as prescribed by your dentist. As you work your way through your aligners, you can see for yourself the changes that are taking place, and by the time you reach your last aligner, your smile should be perfectly straight.
• Better oral health – Unlike traditional braces which are kept on for the entire duration of treatment, Invisalign is easily removed and must, in fact, be removed when you eat or drink anything other than water. You have to brush your teeth every time you eat anything which, while it may seem a bit of a chore, means that your oral health remains good – in fact some patients find their oral health actually improves.
• Can be removed for special occasions – Invisalign wearers can remove their aligners for playing sport or for a special occasion but they must keep their aligners on for 20-22 hours a day to achieve best results. How long does Invisalign take? Well, that all depends on the complexity of your case but because of the meticulous planning of this system, you will be given an accurate timescale during your consultation.
• More comfort – Often we’re asked “does Invisalign hurt?” Because there are no wires and brackets, Invisalign is not only more comfortable to wear but less likely to require emergency dental visits due to breakages. You’ll probably only need to visit your dentist about every 6 weeks for check-ups which gives you more time to get on with enjoying life.
• Easy maintenance – Naturally it’s important to keep your aligners clean and while some patients factor Invisalign cleaning crystals into their initial Invisalign cost, others prefer to use a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water or baking soda dissolved in lukewarm water. Just make sure you brush them gently with a soft toothbrush to avoid any scratching.
As you can see, Invisalign really does offer a convenient and discreet method of straightening teeth which for many makes the cost of Invisalign pale into insignificance. Invisalign isn’t suitable for everyone but when you visit Evergreen Dental our experienced dentists will discuss the best teeth straightening methods for you, your budget, and your lifestyle. Why not call us today on (02) 8074 3849 to schedule your Invisalign consultation?