Charting the Way with Laser Dentistry in Sydney
Laser, which stands for “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”, is a technological advancement in dentistry that allows dentists to effectively perform a number of procedures without traditional tools or invasive methods. It works by emitting a precise beam of concentrated energy to a specific target area. It is used during surgical procedures as a cutting instrument and vaporiser, during cosmetic procedures (lightening and bonding), and during teeth filling.The Benefits
Perhaps you’re seeking a quick and economical way to freshen the appearance of your teeth, a quick fix for that chipped tooth, or simply a way to avoid the drill. Whatever the reason, you may want to opt for laser dentistry due its considerable advantages:
- They can perform many of the procedures traditional done by drills.
- Lasers beams are sterile. This minimizes bacterial infections.
- Some procedures performed by lasers require no sedation or anaesthesia.
- There is significantly less bleeding.
- Waiting time is reduced.
- Less post-operative discomfort. Laser procedures require less stitching if at all.
- Wounds heal and tissues regenerate faster because there’s less damage.